Fuel card installation fee waived by OOIDA products and services
With National Truck Driver Appreciation Week in full swing, drivers are taking advantage of a slew of offers and rewards from companies showing their support for the industry. The Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association is offering truckers a money-saving deal this week and all year.
To show appreciation to the men and women who move our country forward, OOIDA is waiving the $25 installation fee for new applicants to the Truckers Advantage fuel card. Fees will be waived for all applications received by September 18.
Members of the Truckers Advantage fuel card program will enjoy paying the cash price at pumps at over 8,000 locations. There are no monthly fees and the card is accepted at over 99% of fuel and maintenance locations nationwide. The fuel card is also accepted in Canada.
In addition to paying cash prizes, cardholders can receive discounts at over 1,800 truck stopsincluding:
- Pilot Flying J is offering 10 cents per gallon off the pump price.
- TA & Petro offers a discount of 14 cents per gallon off the spot pump price.
- Sapp Bros. offers a cost plus 8 cents per gallon.
- Quick Fuel offers a cost plus 7 cents per gallon.
- Cost plus price at truck stops independent of the network.
The Truckers Advantage fuel card is the only fuel card in the industry designed exclusively for OOIDA members. Cardholders save approximately $850 in the first year. You can find more information, or request the fuel card, here.
Below are other great National Truck Driver Appreciation Week offers.
Each time a driver uses their My Love Rewards card during the month of September, they are entered for a chance to instantly earn 1,000 or 2,000 My Love Rewards points. They will also be entered for a chance to win weekly drawings as well as the grand prize of 1 million reward points at the end of the month. Loves says they will select thousands of instant winners every day.
The remaining schedule for weekly My Love Rewards Points giveaways:
- On September 16, a customer will earn 500,000 points (retail value $5,000).
- On September 23, a customer will earn 750,000 points (retail value $7,500).
- On September 30, a customer will receive a grand prize of 1,000,000 points (retail value $10,000).
In addition to giving back rewards points, Love’s also offers additional in-store offers for drivers, including:
- Offers on fresh food and beverages from September 12 to 16.
- Free hot sandwich or fresh salad with oil change September 12-16.
For what Pilot calls “Extended Driver Appreciation Month,” the Knoxville, Tenn.-based truck stop chain will be offering drivers in-store deals from Sept. 1 through Oct. 31. During the two-month celebration, Pilot Co. is thanking professional drivers with free drinks and additional benefits in the myRewards Plus app. Some offers:
Up to three free drink choices in the myRewards Plus app every week through October 31, including Pilot Fountain drinks and coffee, sodas, energy drinks and waters.
- Discounts on various deli food items all month of September using the myRewards Plus app, including a 50% discount during National Truck Driver Appreciation Week, September 11-17.
- Free safety and road readiness checks in September by Southern Tire Mart at Pilot Flying J. With each check performed, drivers are entered into a raffle for a chance to win one of three sets of Bridgestone Steering Tires premium.
- Earn up to 500 bonus points in September with new in-app challenges.
- In October, earn up to 5 points per gallon when you fill up after activating PushForPoints in the myRewards Plus app.
The Altoona, Pa.-based restaurant and convenience store chain is giving truckers exactly what they’ve been asking for during Truck Driver Appreciation Week — cheaper fuel.
From now until September 30, Sheetz is offering truckers discounted diesel. Drivers will pay $4.49 per gallon at any Sheetz store that offers diesel fuel pumps. According to the US Energy Information Administration, as of September 5, the national average for a gallon of diesel was $5.08.
In addition to discounted fuel, Sheetz is also giving truckers a free meal. Simply enter promo code “TRUCKYEAH” into the Sheetz mobile app to redeem the offer. Drivers can redeem their free meal anytime before September 30. LL